Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Fourth Edition, Therapist Guide
Michelle G. Craske and David H. Barlow
0-19-531140-X, Paperback, November 2006
Now in its 4th edition, Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Therapist Guide
updates, extends, and improves upon the most effective, evidence-based treatment program available for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.
- Program is now organized by skill, instead of by session so treatment can be tailored to the individual
- Presents breathing and thinking skills as methods for facing, rather than reducing fear and anxiety
- Focuses on learning how to face agoraphobic situations and the physical symptoms of panic from an entirely new perspective
- Includes a completely new chapter for adapting the treatment for effective delivery in 6 sessions within primary care settings
- Provides up-to-date information on pharmacology
Written and revised by the developers of the program, this book provides therapists will all the tools necessary to deliver effective treatment for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. It provides step-by-step instructions for teaching clients the skills to overcome their fear of panic and panic attacks, as well as case vignettes and techniques for addressing atypical and problematic responses.
This therapist guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that has been recommended for use by public health services around the world.