Welcome to Oxford's Introducing Philosophy Online! A companion to Solomon's best-selling introduction to Philosophy, this site will guide you through the key points of the book.
In Student Resources, you will find:
- Chapter Overviews that outline the major themes of each chapter
- Chapter Summaries and Goals
- Section Summaries
- Discussion and Essay Questions
- Topical Web Links and Activities - a list of Web sites for further exploration of the world of the Philosophy
- Self-test Quizzes that give you the opportunity to test what you have learned, including:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- True or False Questions
Suggestions for Further Reading that will help you think broadly and comparatively about new ideas you encounter.
In Instructor Resources, you will find:
- Lecture Outlines
- Downloadable PowerPoint files as valuable lecture aids for instructors.
- Fill in the Blanks Worksheets as useful class handouts for quick tests.
In About the Book you will find the following information:
- About the Author
- Highlights of the Eighth Edition Changes
- Key Features of the Text
- And the full Table of Contents
To see other Oxford Philosophy titles, please visit our general catalog.