Social Work Research and Evaluation
Retail Price to Students:$89.95 (04)
DescriptionOver thirty years of input from instructors and students have gone into this popular research methods text, resulting in a refined ninth edition that is easier to read, understand, and apply than ever before. Using unintimidating language and real-world examples, it introduces students to the key concepts of evidence-based practice that they will use throughout their professional careers. It emphasizes both quantitative and qualitative approaches to research, data collection methods, and data analysis, providing students with the tools they need to become evidence-based practitioners.
- Prepares students to become critical consumers of the professional social work literature with an emphasis on evidence-based practice
- Includes only the core material realistically needed for students to appreciate and understand the role of research in social work
- Provides actual social work examples throughout that highlight the link between research and practice
- Written in a student-friendly, straightforward manner
- Suitable for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students
About the Author(s)
Richard M. Grinnell, Jr. is Professor and holds the Clair and Clarice Platt Jones/Helen Frays Endowed Chair of Social Work Research within the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University.
Yvonne A. Unrau is Professor within the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University.
The following resources are available from the "Social Work Research and Evaluation, Ninth Edition" companion site: