ISBN13: 9780192892751ISBN10: 0192892754 Paperback, 432 pages
Mar 1998, In Stock
Retail Price to Students:$62.95 (04)
432 pages; 10 illus.; ISBN13: 978-0-19-289275-1ISBN10: 0-19-289275-4
Table of Contents
1. What is distinctive about the aesthetic?
2. Why is it important to recognize objects as art?
3. Art as a vehicle for expression, creativity and freedom
4. Is it ever possible to understand a work of art?
5. Why is it important to respond emotionally to art?
6. Are evaluations of art objective?