Retail Price to Students:$47.95 (04)
DescriptionService-Learning: Engineering in Your Community, Second Edition, links design methodology and engineering analysis to the socially beneficial application of engineering principles.
Authors Marybeth Lima and William C. Oakes emphasize the importance of reflection, teaming skills, project management, communications, and ethics, carefully considering the integral roles that they play in the process of engineering for the common good.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* Reflection questions added to every chapter
* Four new chapters:
- Chapter 2: Best Practices in Engineering Service-Learning
- Chapter 5: Ethics in Learning Through Service
- Chapter 6: Sustainable Citizens and Citizen Engineers
- Chapter 12: International Service-Learning
* More examples of student reflections and common reflection models in Chapter 3: Reflection
* Expanded coverage of visual and graphical communication in Chapter 9: Technical Communications
* Companion Website with videos relating to service-learning (www.oup.com/us/lima)
"This is the best book for teaching students about engineering, service-learning, community engagement, the design process, and the profession of engineering."
--Dean Fontenot, Texas Tech University
"The best source for service-learning in engineering."
--Kurt Paterson, Michigan Technological University