Retail Price to Students:$174.95 (04)
DescriptionMicroelectronic Circuits now comes shrink-wrapped with a FREE Added Problems Supplement!
This helpful resource includes:
* 300 new problems
* Solutions available exclusively to instructors
AVAILABLE FOR FALL 2013 COURSES:
LAB MANUAL: Laboratory Explorations to Accompany Microelectronic Circuits by Kenneth C. Smith and Vincent C. Gaudet
Designed to accompany Sedra and Smith's Microelectronic Circuits, Laboratory Explorations invites students to explore the realm of real-world engineering through exciting, hands-on experiments.
Lab Manual ISBN: 978-0-19-537873-3
Microelectronic Circuits, 6E (text) + FREE Added Problems Supplement
Package ISBN: 978-0-19-993150-7
Package Price: $167.95
Microelectronic Circuits, 6E (text) + FREE Added Problems Supplement + Laboratory Explorations (lab manual)
Package ISBN: 978-0-19-932923-6
Package Price: $180.50
Microelectronic Circuits, 6E (text) + Laboratory Explorations (lab manual)
Package ISBN: 978-0-19-932924-3
Package Price: $180.50
Microelectronic Circuits, Sixth Edition, by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith
This market-leading textbook continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid pedagogical foundation that instructors expect from Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith. All material in the sixth edition of Microelectronic Circuits is thoroughly updated to reflect changes in technology--CMOS technology in particular. These technological changes have shaped the book's organization and topical coverage, making it the most current resource available for teaching tomorrow's engineers how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
* Streamlined organization. Short, modular chapters can be rearranged to suit any class organization. Topics that can be skipped on a first reading, while the student is grasping the basics, or that look ahead to advanced industrial applications, are clearly marked.
* Digital Integrated Circuits covered in a new, separate section, to make it easier to teach Computer Engineering students.
* Parallel Treatment of MOSFETs and BJTs. 90% of the market works with MOSFETs, so this vital topic is placed first in the textbook. The chapters on BJTs and MOSFETs are exactly parallel, so instructors can teach whichever one first that they prefer, and speed through the second topic by concentrating only on the differences between the two transistors.
* Frequency response in a separate chapter. Frequency response is now condensed into a single chapter, rather than being integrated within other topics.
New to this Edition:
* Digital Circuits Early and Modular: New chapters in Part III: Digital Integrated Circuits make it easier to teach digital topics to computer engineers in a single-semester course.
* New Chapter 13: CMOS Digital Logic Circuits lays the foundation for all digital material.
* Frequency response in a separate chapter: Frequency response is now condensed into a single chapter (Ch. 9), rather than being integrated within other topics.
* Streamlined and Signposted: Shorter, more modular chapters are easier to customize to any class. Visual cues and icons make the book easier to navigate. Explanations to the reader of why to read sections-and how multiple techniques might be used-are much more prominent. A new icon clearly marks topics that can be skipped on a first reading, while the student is grasping the basics, or that look ahead to advanced industrial applications.
* Semiconductor primer in a separate chapter: For students who have not taken a prior course in Semiconductor Device Physics, Chapter 3 concisely covers the basics necessary to study Microelectronics. (Students who have had a device physics course will also find this a handy refresher.)
* Lab-on-a-Disc: Offers complete simulations with activities, investigations, and directions to students for examples in the chapters and study problems from the ends of chapters. Simulated in Multisim and PSpiceŽ. Also includes full student versions of Multisim and PSpiceŽ so students can simulate their own activities and designs.
* New Technical Coverage, including: a unique development of cascoding techniques (Ch 7); modern techniques for the design of BJT op amps (Ch 12); and deep submicron design and technology scaling (Ch 13). Please see the Preface for a complete list of the exciting new additions.
Instructor: [Note: Instructor's Resource CD is bound in to ISM-ISBN 9780195340303]
* Instructor's Solutions Manual contains typed solutions to all in-text exercises and end-of-chapter problems.
* PowerPoint Overheads on CD contain all of the figures with captions, plus summary tables, from the main text.
* In-text CD contains SPICE circuit simulation exercises and lessons, and a free student version of two SPICE simulators: OrCAD PSpice and Electronics Workbench Multisim.
* Companion website www.sedrasmith.org http://www.sedrasmith.org features SPICE models and links to industry and academic sites.
About the Author(s)
Adel S. Sedra is Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo and former Provost of the University of Toronto.
Kenneth C. Smith (KC) is Professor Emeritus in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Information Studies at the University of Toronto.