ISBN13: 9780195425246ISBN10: 0195425243 Hardcover, 720 pages
Feb 2009, In Stock
Retail Price to Students:$129.95 (04)
720 pages; 300 figs., 5 tables; ISBN13: 978-0-19-542524-6ISBN10: 0-19-542524-3
Beginning with fundamental concepts, the full spectrum of circuit topics is covered, from simple dc circuits to complex ac network analysis, including resonance, transformers, and three-phase ac circuits.
DescriptionElectric Circuits is an introductory text for students taking their first course in electricity at the college level, more specifically at the two-year or technician level. Bell's text takes a graduated approach to developing basic electrical principles that makes the theory interesting and easy to understand. Beginning with fundamental concepts, the full spectrum of electrical circuit topics is covered, from simple dc circuits to complex ac network analysis, including resonance, transformers, and three-phase ac circuits.
- Objectives list at the beginning of each chapter.
- Step-by-step analysis procedures listed for every type of electrical circuit.
- Numerous practical worked examples.
- Practice problems at the end of each section.
- Summary of formulas at chapter ends.
- Chapter review questions and problems grouped and identified by section.
- Answers for odd-numbered problems at the back of the book.
- Unit definitions, standard component values, and more in the appendices.
About the Author(s)
David A. Bell is a professional engineer who was employed as a circuit design specialist in the electronics industry for many years before becoming a professor at Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology.