Views from Academics, Practitioners, and Prisoners
ISBN13: 9780195330076ISBN10: 0195330072 Paperback, 330 pages
Apr 2007, In Stock
Retail Price to Students:$77.95 (04)
330 pages; 1 line illus.; 6-7/8 x 9-3/16; ISBN13: 978-0-19-533007-6ISBN10: 0-19-533007-2
This anthology features twelve contemporary topical areas in corrections--chosen for the unique challenges which each presents to researchers, correctional practitioners, and prisoners.
DescriptionThis anthology features twelve contemporary topical areas in corrections--chosen for the unique challenges which each presents to researchers, correctional practitioners, and prisoners.
Each topic is systematically examined from three different perspectives--academic, practitioner, and prisoner--for a total of thirty-six readings. Students compare each perspective and determine how they diverge or how they are similar.
The twelve topic areas are:
* Institutional Crowding
* Growth of Women Prisoners in Corrections
* Elements of Correctional Rehabilitation and Treatment
* HIV/AIDS in Corrections
* Prison Gangs
* Prison Violence
* Security Housing Units: The Supermax Prison
* Women Guarding Men
* Correctional Privatization
* Juveniles in Adult Corrections
* Capital Punishment: The Ultimate Penalty
* Release from Prison: Parole