Retail Price to Students:$114.95 (04)
DescriptionWhat is it that excites and interests your students? Reading first hand what skills top marketers really look for in graduates? Debating the benefits of using shock and fear appeals in advertising? Determining how to use social networking sites to successfully market a product?
Marketing, Second Edition, presents marketing examples and issues from exciting real-life situations. Packed full of case studies from international organizations including Innocent, Orange, HMV, and Oxfam, it enables students to see first hand what top marketers actually do and how they tackle the decisions they have to make.
The text also discusses the theory that supports those skills vital to marketing success across all areas of society, from dealing with skeptical consumers, selling products to the government, and deciding which pricing approach to adopt to the ethical implications of marketing to children and the best ways to use social networking sites in marketing efforts.
Employing a lively writing style, the authors encourage students to explore beyond classical marketing perspectives and provoke them into thinking critically about how they would approach marketing issues. Links to seminal papers throughout each chapter also present the opportunity to take this learning further.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* A new chapter on not-for-profit marketing and condensed coverage of marketing communications, all in keeping with market recommendations
* An exceptional new feature on the skills marketing practitioners really look for in graduates (along with what former students have found useful), presented in both written quotes and online video tips
* Additional online learning material--including worksheets, exercises, and further reading-which is clearly indicated throughout the text
* Downloadable author podcasts summarizing each chapter
* A Companion Website contains numerous resources for students and instructors (click link at upper right)
About the Author(s)
Paul Baines is Reader in Marketing and Director, MSc Strategic Marketing, in the School of Management at Cranfield University.
Chris Fill is Founder and Managing Director of Fill Associates and a former Principal Lecturer in Marketing in the Portsmouth Business School at the University of Portsmouth.
Kelly Page is Lecturer in Marketing and Strategy in the Cardiff Business School at the University of Cardiff.