NOW ELIGIBLE FOR PHONICS MATCH-FUNDING!
Ruth Miskin Literacy Training delivers comprehensive Professional Development for schools in how to use Read Write Inc. programmes effectively for whole school improvement.
Benefits of Read Write Inc. Professional Development in Phonics
- Every trainer is an experienced classroom practitioner and the trainer will return to your school after the training to model lessons to your staff.
- All the trainers are persuasive, dynamic and passionate about what they do. They have a deep understanding of how children learn to read.
- The sessions involve the whole staff, including the head teacher to ensure that everyone understands the programme.
- Trainers know how to develop the role of the Reading Manager, to ensure the on-going success of the programme.
- All the trainers know how to help even the most vulnerable children, including older non-readers.
- The trainers know the programme very well and can answer any queries you have about it.
Read Write Inc. programmes are based on the premise that children learn most effectively when excellent modelling, followed by partner discussion and teaching, is deeply embedded into every lesson.
Read Write Inc. teachers use 'big' teaching strategies - lively, expansive modelling followed by explicit partner teaching and discussion.
Once trained, both teachers and teaching assistants will have the enthusiasm and knowledge to teach Read Write Inc. programmes effectively. The support days give schools further training in implementing the programme to the highest standards and seeing model lessons demonstrated.Click to find out more about the training!
The trainer modelled lessons with such clarity and conviction that I have not hesitated to put her good practice to use in my own classroom. We are delighted with the Read Write Inc. resources and look forward to using them intensively in September. Thank you for such insightful instruction. Heather Watts, Headteacher, Fishwick Primary School, Preston
An inspiration for emphasising the importance of real clarity when teaching a child to read! Thank you!
Heyes Lane Junior School, Altrincham
I am sure you will be interested to learn that our recent Development Day was a tremendous success and Karinne Faddy was inspirational. Our team has benefited enormously from her visit.